Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

smile2
onthetrainonthetrain2pumpkin
PumpkinShep
ShepinStrollervert
sheppydad
smile
tracksvert
train
train3
trainsidebyside

We were excited to celebrate Shepherd's first Halloween. He received a pair of overalls like this before he was even born last Christmas, and we loved him in them. I found a bigger size of the overalls and the engineer hat at a local children's consignment store, and it just made me smile to put it on his head.

At the last minute yesterday, I decided Shepherd needed a train. I cut out either side from one of our leftover moving boxes and spray painted it brown. I wasn't sure how to paint a train, but I did my best. One side definitely looked better than the other, but it was fun!

Shepherd is too small to trick-or-treat, but we dressed him up anyway. We went down to the train tracks and our little engineer fit right in. I love his cardboard train next to the real thing. We then carved our pumpkin and hoped for trick-or-treaters, but there was nary a costume to be found (that wasn't Shepherd's)! Afterward, we went to a church trunk-or-treat and then over to our friends' home for a bit. It was a fun day, and by the time we got home and put Shepherd to bed, he was almost instantly asleep. Aaron wanted to watch a scary movie, but I refused (I hate them!) and so we settled on some dumb TV show and a little bit of Hocus Pocus. The only frightful thing about our Halloween? Shepherd has continued his habit of waking up around 3 a.m. Trick's on me, I guess!

And if you're not ready to stop celebrating Halloween yet, here is our post from Halloween 2011!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love Shepherd's overalls...so cute! And the train is adorable. He is such a happy little boy! And I am with you, no scary movies for me either. I hope little Shepherd breaks his habit of waking at 3 a.m. That makes for a tired mama the next day.