Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011 part two

Our Halloween was quiet. We carved the pumpkin we've had on our doorstep for the month and named him Gourdon III—he is the third iteration of the original Gourdon the Jack-O-Lantern I carved my last year at UNL. Growing up, my dad had a very specific and efficient technique he taught us to use, and, just like my dad, I stick my tongue out when I am carving, or doing any other sort of work that takes dexterity and concentration.

IMG_0087

IMG_0070

IMG_0111

This guy was my inspiration for the Jack-O-Lantern's big smile. He liked being the photographer; the pumpkin goo stayed away from him.

IMG_0118

IMG_0121

IMG_0125

IMG_0127

For the rest of the night, we watched The Birds, roasted pumpkin seeds, and laughed a lot. We put Olive in her lobster costume from last year, but it lasted only about two minutes. Toby, who was sleeping on our bed, heard the cawing of the birds in the film and woke up immediately. I saw him slinking out of our bedroom and into the living room, and Aaron and I got a huge kick out of watching him prowl around and try to figure out where the awful bird noises were coming from. Poor Toby is too big to ever catch a bird, but he put a lot of effort in to finding them in our apartment last night. Olive watched him, and toward the end of the movie, I think she, too, believed there were a thousand crows in the second bedroom.  So funny.

IMG_0145

IMG_0140

IMG_0189

My sister-in-law Tiffany got this shirt when she was pregnant last Halloween, and I knew if I was pregnant during the month of October I'd get one, too. Who knew it would be just a year later!? So thanks, Tiffany, for the great idea.

IMG_0218

And now, on to Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is my favorite time of the year, and I am more than excited for everything that comes along with the Christmas season. We're anticipating a lot of traveling again, which will be interesting considering I will be in my third trimester. We can't wait, though!

No comments: