Friday, November 2, 2012

A Weary Halloween Week

Why is it that midweek holidays seem to mess up the whole week? I loved all of the Halloween festivities, but it seems like the days before and after Halloween have been a mess for me. I haven't washed any laundry, the house feels like it is in shambles, Shepherd is cutting a fourth tooth and waking up all night... I just don't feel together. Really, this seems silly to write in light of the destruction Hurricane Sandy left in its path. If you're looking for a way to help, may I suggest the Red Cross' relief efforts? My troubles are nothing, and yet, I'm bogged down in them.

I think part of this is due to my mom leaving last Sunday. We accomplished so much while she was here that I felt overwhelmed when she left. I'm not sure why that is... if anything, she showed me how much is possible to accomplish and easier ways to do some things I want to mark off my list. The days seem a lot quieter without her with us, but at least we have FaceTime. Shep and Mom and Dad chat every day, a routine we all look forward to. Miracle of miracles, my dad actually has his own iPhone now. If you know my dad, you're probably laughing... I think the salesman laughed when he saw my dad's phone he traded in. I think he had his flip phone for at least seven years. Talk about an upgrade!

I hope you guys have a good weekend. I'm looking forward to hitting the refresh button as we fall backward. If current conditions prevail, I doubt there will be any sleeping in, but a girl can dream! Otherwise, we will be painting, cheering for a Husker win against Michigan State, working a little bit more on the nursery and (crossing my fingers) scaling the mountain of laundry. Don't forget to turn your clocks! :)

No comments: