Friday, July 13, 2012

Cheers to the Freakin' Weekend!

Who else is eager for a weekend?! I generally don't like to say my whole week was "off," but this one has certainly been the exception! One bright spot is the sleeping habits of the four-and-a-half month old, who has slept through the night all week. They tell me that's gonna change pretty soon (again!), but I have enjoyed my rest except for one night when I woke up around 4:30 and brought Shepherd in to our room because I missed him.

I was on a roll with Pinterest recipes this week, and I think we'll be eating leftovers through the weekend. I also stripped our basil plant of its leaves; hopefully more will grow back soon. I used Bon Appetit's classic pesto recipe and I'm looking forward to cooking with it.

Last night, Aaron and I watched the pilot episode of The Newsroom. I have some issues with the characters, but it was only the first episode, so we'll see how it goes. We started a new show after finishing the first four seasons of Breaking Bad, which we started this winter right before Shepherd was born. I wish we had cable, because I'm dying to know what happens in season five.

My baby is going to be five months old next week. Oh man. He's trying to scoot and is really in love with his linking chains lately. And his daddy, who he thinks is the most hilarious person in the world no matter what he's doing. I am getting a few more short laughs, but I apparently need to work on my comedic act. I'm so interested in seeing how their father-son relationship blossoms. I didn't grow up with brothers, so I don't really know what boyhood is like, even as an observer, but it's already so  much fun.

I have been trying to grow my hair out for a while now, and I feel like I'm finally making a little progress. The downside is the Florida heat and humidity. My hair goes up in a ponytail almost every day. I'm looking forward to a much-needed trim in the next few weeks. I can't stand the layers!

At the beginning of the summer, I said I was a little sad because we didn't have any big vacations planned. I'm laughing at that statement, because it seems like we haven't been home at all! We have taken weekend trips all over the Southeastern U.S. for the past few weeks, and I'm really looking forward to a no-plans, lazy weekend at home to catch up on some things... or, maybe, just catch up on not doing much at all!

Hope you all have a really nice weekend!

No comments: