Thursday, July 19, 2012

Moose

It seems Shepherd has a new nickname from his Poppy... this (big) little boy has earned the moniker Moose. He is (I'm guessing about) 18 pounds, which isn't too big, but the boy is looong! He is about 28 and a half inches at almost five months—almost half as tall as his mama! Everyone tells me I gave birth to a three month old, and I'm starting to agree. At five months, strangers guess that he's seven or eight months old. 

I am going to have to start cutting the feet off his onesies so he can stay in them a bit longer. It's kind of pitiful to see him in 6-12 month clothes that fit length-wise but swallow him up width wise. I've read that first children are often the shortest in their families, and in my case, that's true; my little sister is taller than me by a good two to three inches. I hope Shepherd will be the exception to the rule... 


Shepherd can't sit up on his own, but he's getting there. He's creeping and trying so hard to scoot across the living room, and he frustrates easily when he can't get where he wants to go. He will give up and lay his head down and pop his fingers in his mouth. It's adorable and pathetic at once! 

No comments: