Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Comfy Christmas evenings

Christmas Evening

Christmas Evening by emilynix on polyvore.com

Last night was just one of those nights when, after dinner and cleaning the kitchen, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and watch Christmas movies. We watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special, and I fell asleep right after it was done (at around 7:45)! Twinkling lights, a warm home, a comfy blanket and a sweet husband is pretty much the perfect combination for relaxation after a stressful day. I'm new to polyvore, but I tried to put together a little inspiration board of things that make me happy during this season.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one of our favorite movies (of all time, not just Christmas), and we love watching A Charlie Brown Christmas; the fun JOY mugs are perfect for hot chocolate, and what goes better with hot chocolate than Christmas cookies?!The West Elm blanket is absolutely the most comfortable thing ever. For the record, my iPhone is included in this because I feel like a new person now that I can take pictures and not have a five-second delay. And one of my favorite Monday night activities is reading the post-of-the-week on the BabyCenter app to see how Baby Guy is growing.

Obviously, it's not the things that make this season the best time of the year, but I am thankful for the comfort they offer. Meanwhile, we're getting down to business about baby tonight by starting our first of four childbirth classes. I am eager to see what they will be like and am ready to soak up all of the information we'll be offered. I am still waiting back to hear about test results, so please keep praying for good results.

Hope your Tuesday is merry and bright! 

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hope you enjoy your first childbirth class tonight. I am still praying for you and good results.

p.s.( In my last comment I said before my daughter's second birthday and it was her first birthday. Here I am making her older than she really is and I am trying to keep her little as long as possible. She will be three in March).

Ashley said...

Hi there -- we are Instagram friends and I clicked over to your blog. I'm so sorry to hear about what you're facing. Thinking good thoughts!

emily/thesearethedays said...

Thank you both! I appreciate it. I am still waiting to hear back.