Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Jillian

JillyShep

Today is my little sister's 21st birthday. The poor girl is celebrating by studying for and taking biochemistry and genetics exams today and tomorrow; fortunately, she has a fun weekend planned with friends, and my parents are going to College Station for the game on Saturday, too.

I am so proud to be Jillian's sister. Our whole lives we have been close, not necessarily best friends, but allies and confidantes and playmates. My sister is creative, selfless, kind, cautious and smart; most importantly, she has the biggest heart for Jesus and, as such, a heart for others. She is Shepherd's biggest fan, and that makes me so happy; I love seeing her as an aunt. She also is an amazing baker and a marathon runner. Basically, she is who I want to be when I grow up.

Jillian, I love you so much, and I am so excited to see where this year will take you. Can't wait to take you out for margaritas next time we are at home!

No comments: