Monday, August 6, 2012

First Weekend in August

This weekend, Aaron's sister Shannon came to visit—she graciously offered to help out with Shepherd while we packed,  but during our walk-through Friday afternoon we found out that the movers are packing and moving us, so we can pack as little or as much as we want beforehand. We are so thrilled! So instead of doing a ton of packing like we planned, we bought and installed new mini-blinds to replace the ones I took down when we first moved in . We did some sorting and purging, too, but nothing as grand as we had imagined early in the week.

We went to Vertigo Burger, which had its soft opening all weekend. I forgot to add it to my Tallahassee bucket list, but we've been eager to go since we found out it was going in. Overall, I give it a B. It would be interesting to visit again in a month to see if they've worked out all of the kinks. 

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out and watching lots and lots of Olympics. Thanks, Shannon, for visiting one last time!

This little guy is dealing with a tooth and had the hardest time this weekend. He's got a rash on the bottom of his chin and neck (you can somewhat see it in the picture above) and it looks so uncomfortable. I think he's picked up a new trick from his friends at Ma's house—if he gets upset, he will scream at the top of his lungs. It is disconcerting the first few times, and now it's just annoying. Is five months too young to see legitimate temper tantrums?

It rained all Sunday afternoon, and Shepherd ended up taking four naps. None of them were very long, but he was just a mess without them, so we kept laying him down, and he kept falling back asleep. The rain and the heat/humidity keep us indoors most weekends, so Aaron and Shepherd had a mini-concert in the living room. Shepherd loves watching Aaron play guitar, and when Aaron plays, he rarely plays "real songs." Aaron spent an hour making up songs about Shepherd and moving, and Shep would roll to Aaron's feet and stare. When the song got very upbeat, Shepherd would roll on to his back and kick his legs and move his arms wildly. It was adorable. But of course I think that.

My tiny baby is growing growing growing. He's babbling a lot now, but he isn't sitting up unassisted yet. We practiced a lot this weekend, but I think it's just going to take a little longer. That's OK, though I really would like to start BLW. He gets so anxious and upset when he sees us eating food and can't join in, and I think he is very ready. Everything in its time...

This is my last week at work. Actually, it's only three days, because our sitter's son is graduating from college at the end of the week, and she is taking Thursday and Friday to prepare for the celebration (as she should!). I can't believe the time has come to move from this job, and I honestly haven't given much thought to it because I've been busy with finishing up projects.

Have a good Monday, everyone. What did you all do this weekend?

No comments: