Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This Time Last Year

One year ago today happened to be Father's Day. It was also the day Aaron and I found out we were going to be parents.

I cried when I told Aaron. Aaron was overjoyed.

Our son is proof that sometimes the most unexpected circumstances bring unimagined joy. The journey that began last June has been a memorable one, a time of growth (both emotionally and physically, ha!), and we have found ourselves completely taken care of by our gracious Lord. I didn't know, sometimes, if we would be OK. We have been more than OK. How useless it is to worry. How loved we are.

We are so thankful to be on the opposite side of this year and are stronger and wiser for all that has happened in the last twelve months. I remember the intense fear I felt when I found out I was pregnant. I had no clue what I was getting in to. Now, so many of the things I dreaded have come and gone, and a sense of peace has taken worry's place. In a way, I feel reborn.

I am so thankful for the lessons learned since June 19, 2011. Mostly, I'm thankful for the chance to continue on this path with my baby son, who turns four months old tomorrow, and his daddy, who has held my hand day by day.

No comments: