Sunday, December 18, 2011

30 Weeks

 30 Weeks
30 Weeks 6 Days

How am I feeling this week? This has been one of the best weeks of my pregnancy. After Friday's good news, it's impossible to complain about anything.
How is baby? Sometimes baby is hanging out in a place that puts strain on my upper back, and when he's there I notice him moving less. I still feel a lot of movement, but considerably less squirming around. He is still punching and kicking, and with more force. I think he's a baby Billy Blanks with all the Tae Bo going on.
Cravings: None to speak of. I have been hungrier than I was earlier in my pregnancy, but not for anything particularly.

Finding a birth photographer: In my head I've been contemplating hiring a photographer to document baby's birth.  I know I am way behind on this, but at first I thought I didn't want to do it. I've changed my mind. I know of at least two ladies who are perfect for the job: my sister-in-law Tiffany,  who is a birth photographer, and my dear friend Jennifer of Sugar Photography, but they both happen to live a thousand (literally) miles away in Colorado! That's a little too far for the short notice this guy might provide. I know the idea of a birth photographer is not for everyone, but I have seen some amazing images, like these and these,  and I would love to have a treasury of photos to document baby's first moments on earth. If you know of any photographers in the Tallahassee area, leave a comment or email me!

Etc.  I will find out how much weight I've gained so far at my next doctor's appointment this Thursday. We will also be able to go over our birth wishlist and my test results, so I'm looking forward to a little bit longer appointment this week. 

Over the weekend, I consolidated baby clothes and things, reorganized the second bedroom closets and made room for baby stuff. We put the bed up on Craigslist, too, and I'm hoping for a bite before Christmas. I'd love to begin 2012 with a fresh slate so we can get to work on the nursery and have some time to enjoy it before the baby arrives. I will need to wash the baby's clothes; I haven't done it yet because his dresser is at my parents' house. I don't know if I'm really far behind in the game or not...
Tuesday is our second wedding anniversary, and Baby Nix will be two months from his due date on that day. Aaron and I have been doing really well with our meal planning, and so we've decided to have a treat on our anny and go to dinner. I want a steak. This never changes....
This time of year really is my favorite; I love celebrating life in so many ways: birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas time and vacations spent with people we love the most. I'm so thankful for these gifts!

No comments: