Friday, November 18, 2011

Round Up

Another week has passed by! And Thanksgiving is next week. I can't wait. I'm ready to go home and spend some time with my family. I'm not looking forward to the 12-hour drive there and back, though, for the Thanksgiving trip or the Christmas trip. We're doing what we did last year for Christmas and splitting time in Texas and Nebraska, which means we'll have a 12-hour drive to Tyler and then another 12-hour drive to Aaron's mom and dad's house in Nebraska. Usually I don't really mind the driving, and I can't figure out why I'm dreading it so much. I think it's the return part that's the hardest for me.

I have to get my car serviced tomorrow. Nothing about that makes me feel good. November will be an expensive month. On the plus side, it won't need to be done again for a while.

Expediting the student loan pay off process with big payments is good in theory, but it's also so stressful. I wonder if I will get to blog about the day we finally pay off Aaron's loans. That will be my favorite blog post ever. I wonder if I will still be blogging.

Sleeping with the windows open is the best feeling in the world. I love waking up in the mornings under our warm comforter and feeling the cold draft blow in. I think it might be time to add the second layer of our comforter.

The UPS delivery man drove in to our parking lot last night and couldn't find our apartment. The tracking notice I checked online (after the truck drove away) said APARTMENT NUMBER OR ADDRESS DOES NOT EXIST. So we didn't get our camera yesterday. I called UPS and told them that we did, in fact, exist, and they said they would make a note and redeliver it. Gee, thanks.

This weekend is the Nebraska/Michigan game. It's a must-win for the Huskers... hopefully they will be clicking tomorrow. I wish we had a watch group locally that we could watch Husker games with. I'm thankful we have been able to watch them all online this year on the Big Ten Network and on espn3.com, because last year we couldn't. So there's that.






No comments: