Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree


On an unusually chilly Monday night, we drove to pick out our 2011 Christmas Tree. Buying a new Frasier Fir is one of the highlights of my entire year, and it has been since I was a little girl and my family would drive to "Frosty's" to find a tree. We called the tree lot "Frosty's" because there was a giant inflatable snowman in the middle.

This year, we went to Home Depot and found a 7' Frasier Fir. The lot smelled heavenly, and the crisp air was perfect for finding our tree. There's something so magical about this tradition for me; it is the beacon of the joy of the season to come. Even though it's not yet December, I was eager to get a tree as soon as possible so we could enjoy it as long as we could. We let the tree fall all day on Tuesday, and we will decorate the tree on Wednesday or Thursday night. Christmas season is here!

No comments: