Friday, July 22, 2011

The Week in Facebook

Instead of rehashing, the pertinent points of the week via the f-book. 


Pancake Church at IHOP last Saturday was amazing. Harvest Nut and Grain pancakes for the win. We hadn't been to an IHOP in Tallahassee while living here. It was clean and the service was good. Something about IHOP makes me think about winter and being cold, and sure enough, the dreary Saturday morning we went looked more like a day in late fall than in the dog days of summer.


My mom celebrated her 51st birthday on Monday. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with her and enjoy some of the delicious cake my sister made.


I've been desiring the cold like crazy. Tuesday morning it was 69 degrees when I got in my car to go to work. Since I was a few minutes early, I drove to Starbucks and got a drink to enjoy in the faux cold weather. I can't wait for it. 


My husband finished the 17-minute film he's created over the past 18 months. It's almost unreal to believe that the baby he dreamed up and made come to life is officially locked and ready for premier in two weeks. I look back over the nonstop work he has done since we've been married and am amazed 1. that we survived as a married couple 2. that he survived 3. that it is actually done. He will be home for the first weekend—all weekend—tomorrow and Sunday. I am so proud of him. I am really looking forward to spending time together on the weekends and eating dinner at dinner time instead of 10 p.m. We'll see if that's the direction we go! 


Aaron's best friend Mike is in town for a few days, and Aaron is so excited to have him here (as am I). Mike is a great guy, a great friend, and the perfect house guest. It really means so much to us that he made the trip to come visit us in Florida!

So, that's the week, or at least big parts of it. Also, keep us in your prayers for what's next. I can't believe he graduates two weeks from tomorrow. It's so surreal and exciting. I'm hopeful to have more good news soon! 

No comments: