Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Anderson Family Vacation 2011

photo.JPG

I always feel a little blue when I come home from vacation. We got back to Tallahassee from a long weekend at the beach, and I'm not sure if it's the summer heat or just the complete stillness, but I'm feeling super sad about not being with my family anymore.

My parents rented a cabin on the beach, and despite a few thunderstorms, we had an awesome time together. My sister and her boyfriend, Hayden, along with Mom, Dad, drove to Destin and we met them there. The proximity to the beach is definitely something I appreciate about Tallahassee. Hayden finished his job a counselor for the first summer session at Pine Cove, and Jillian was able to take a few days off work to come, thankfully. Even Aaron got to join us!

We called Hayden "Haydo Couseau" throughout the week because he was an expert at finding sand dollars at the sand bar. He found 38 and then stopped counting them. A family offered to pay him to swim them out to the sand bar and show them where he was finding the sand dollars. I have definitely never seen so many.

photo.JPG

We have never been to the beach so late in the summer before, and all of the seaweed made it kind of gross for the first day. Thankfully, it cleared out and became much more enjoyable. I was just happy to spend time bummin' it on the beach with the fam, but our next trip will be earlier in June.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

We left at 5:30 this morning to come home so Aaron could work on coloring the film he was DP for, and my family left soon after back to Texas. Maybe the reason I'm feeling sad is because I'm not sure when we'll all get to be together again. Dad starts football season in the next two weeks, and then Jillian is at A&M for the fall. I'm hoping if Aaron finds a job and we move somewhere that requires a big move we'll be able to stop for a few days in Tyler on our way. (Keep us in your prayers about the job situation, please!) There's no news on that front, for now.

At any rate, so thankful for such a great time in a beautiful place with the people I love the most.

photo.JPG

No comments: