Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Queen's birthday

Emily likes to be pampered.  She'll be the first to admit that.  And she'll also tell you that I'm a miser when it comes to money and that comes into conflict with her queendom.

Even though I may be tight on money I really do try to take every moment I have with her to tell her how much I love her.  Every day when she comes home I give her a hug and tell her how much I love her.

I know these past two years haven't been easy.  She finished school, got married, moved across country into a new apartment and started a new job all within two weeks of each other.  It was hard enough of a transition for me I can't imagine how it felt for her.

Those first few months were really hard for her because I would be on set for 13-15 hours a day 7 days a week sometimes not getting home until the middle of the night.  I just don't think she had any real clue how that was going to affect our relationship.

But she continued to make our home beautiful, to work every day so that I could get my masters, and to be the my best friend.

I'm about to graduate here in a little more than a month and I just love looking at our lives here in Tallahassee because she's done so much for me.  I really don't think I could have done anything to do with this school without her support and desire to see me succeed.  I just pray that in the future I can be just as much of a loving spouse as she has been to me.

I love Emily's birthday because she's always happy.  She likes to think she gets a whole month (she does) but I like spending this day with her.

One of my favorite birthdays I spent with her was before we were engaged and she lived in the Hayward house and all of her friends came over for a party.  She turned 20 so no booze, but there was plenty of Dr. Pepper.


And of course this was a little bit of foreshadowing but I pretended the DVD of A Very Long Engagement was a ring and proposed to Emily.  I took her breath away obviously.


I love you so much Emily.  Happy birthday from me, Livy Suh, and the Fat Toad.

1 comment:

Tia Peterson said...

That was the greatest birthday ever. I love and miss you both!