Friday, May 20, 2011

It's the weekend. Hallelujah!

Today was a big day at work, and I am exhausted and feel relieved to be done with it. I strained my back while trying to move too many chairs yesterday, and today it just killed me. I made a ghetto heating pad by taking two old socks, filling one with rice, stuffing it inside the other and then microwaving it last night. It worked, but it wasn't comfortable enough to sleep on, so I bought one of those Therma-Care heating pads. Much better.

I am eager for the next few weeks. I am going on a trip for work this upcoming week, and then the next week I will be on vacation. We're not sure what Aaron's schedule will be like, no surprise, but I'm hoping he'll catch a break and be able to spend most of his week there, too. He will be done shooting pick-ups for thesis films at the end of the month, which will signal the end of production of thesis cycle. We're down to around 80 days left before he graduates, which I can hardly believe. I am so eager/anxious to find out what opportunities he might have. I am getting ahead of myself, of course, because we still have to go through the entire post-production of WMD, mentor matching, and the Film School Gala and graduation. Which reminds me, I haven't posted my monthly goals for the month and we're already halfway through May. How did this happen?!

I broke the needle in my sewing machine earlier this week. I feel like that's a good sign that I'm getting some use out of my Christmas present. My mom should be proud.

Jennifer and I paired up to capture the McGowan family, and I blogged about the story and she took some amazing pictures. They are a military family. John just left for his third tour in the Middle East, and talking to them was really an honor for me. What a sacrifice their whole family makes. It makes me feel silly when I complain about late night shoots like tonight.

Sidenote- I'm so excited for kiss + tell me, and I'm so thankful to all of you guys who have supported me in this.

It is officially hot in the dirty south. Mid-nineties and humid, too. You know it's hot when you can't sit on the patio at Starbucks because you're sweating too much (at 9 a.m.). I hope the next place we live is cool or at least a dry heat.

Hope everyone is having a good night. Don't forget... the world ends tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make heat pads :) and they have herbs in them. You'll fall asleep like a baby :))))
what have you been sewing, ma'am??