Monday, February 28, 2011

March Madness

So it's almost March. And that means thesis film. Yes, the almighty thesis film. I'm really trying to not let it rattle me.

Things are falling in place. I just cast last week and am buying their plane tickets to come to Tallahassee. It was a long casting process and a challenging one, but I'm confident with my actors and can't wait to work with them. I really do think half of what makes a good director is casting well.

And today we're 99% sure we locked a location! This has been at the forefront of my mind for over 6 months. My show is a logistical nightmare because we need a very specific type of land that looks like Iraqi marshes. These all happen to be along the coast which means it's a distance away from Tally. Every marsh along the coast also happens to be a state park/national park. Just try to convince a park that a film crew should film there, especially when there's actors carrying weapons that will fire blanks.

But today we found all of the right ingredients at Bald Point State Park. With the help of some great park rangers and a beautiful looking park I may have found our location that can work for the entire film.


No comments: