Monday, January 10, 2011

January Bookshelf


Aaron is back on set, so I'm able to spend a lot more time reading. My January 2011 bookshelf is as follows:
  1. Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth: This was a Christmas gift from my wish list. I'm eager to begin it. I have heard good things.
  2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre is one of Aaron's favorite books, and I've never read it. I have a goal to read one classic and one non-fiction book every month, and I look forward to reading this in January.
  3. The Reader by Bernhard Schlink: I started the reader in October and I have about half of the book left. It is proving to be a quick read so far.
  4. Bonk by Mary Roach: Mary Roach authored Stiff, one of my favorite books ever. So far Bonk is not as interesting, but this is another book I started and haven't finished. I picked up this book at the Denver airport when we had an overnight layover. 
  5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson: Yet another started-but-incomplete book. My mom read the Millenium Trilogy this summer, so she gave me this book to get started. I'm a little late to the party, but we'll see how it goes. I'm not very far along in this book at all.
So there you have it - my January reading list. I own or am borrowing all of these books, although I still need to get a library card. I can't believe I haven't done that yet! If you're interested, I've set my tentative February reading list, too, so jump over to my Goodreads page to see what I have planned. I'm especially excited to read Ree Drummond's memoir Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, as I have been a huge fan of the Pioneer Woman for about two years. I loved reading the BH blog, and I'm eager to read it as a book. I'm also making her tortilla soup this week!  If you have a Goodreads account, leave a comment. I'm always eager to hear what friends are reading and if they're enjoying it. 

No comments: