Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weekend recap

This weekend was a busy and fun one for Aaron and me. Aaron is in production, so he has been going from shoot to shoot for the last two weeks. I've been busy working on the house. I decided to paint our bedroom Benjamin Moore's Palladian Blue, so on Friday and Saturday I painted the bedroom. Once I start I can't stop. I decided at 10 p.m. Saturday night that I was going to paint the living room and kitchen. I love Benjamin Moore's Kona for it's rich brown color, but to stay on budget I went to Home Depot and had them color match the color to a Behr paint. The man who helped me told me it was likely that the color wouldn't match the paint chip I brought in, and so he told me not to get my hopes up (um, thanks?) and to not buy more than one gallon of paint. I did neither, and when I got home, the color matched perfectly to the Benjamin Moore sample I tested. I also ran out of paint about half way – lovely. Did I mention that this all happened the day before Aaron's parents and sister came to visit our home for the first time? Sometimes I think I'm crazy.

Ultimately, I ended up painting the living room. Our layout is such that we have an open kitchen and living room, and I ran out of paint on a wall that essentially bridges the kitchen and living room, so it didn't look too terrible. In fact, at 3 a.m., when I finished painting and Aaron finally got home from a terribly long day on set, I was too delirious to care. Yes, I am the crazy who decides to paint her living room 12 hours before her in-laws make their first visit.

On Sunday, Aaron's sis and parents got to visit Tallahassee. They are spending the week in Destin, and it is a short trip down the interstate to visit us. It was wonderful to spend time with them and to show them around our new town and welcome them to our home. They were able to visit set and the Film School for the first time. Aaron was producing, so he unfortunately did not get to spend much time with us. Also, Livy decided she was going to be a terrorist. We're using a spray bottle to keep her from doing the many naughty things she does, but it's not working. She was a wild thing – but she did absolutely love Aaron's sis. It was great to host family and have company – it sometimes gets lonely here. Thanks for making the drive Shannon, Chris and Karen! We love you!

{AC has my camera right now, so I don't have any pictures to post. Soon!}

No comments: