Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I was at home sick today, boo, and so I drank sparkling water and ate crackers. It was the life of luxury, let me tell you. While I was at home I had a chance to review some plans we've made for graduations, weddings and other travel in the upcoming months. I'm starting to feel like we need to plan holiday travel.

In 2009, Aaron spent Thanksgiving with my family because he had such a limited time frame to go anywhere. We went to the Big 12 Championship in Dallas with his family the first weekend in December, got married on December 20, went on our honeymoon, spent Christmas day with his family and then drove to spend time with my family. I am attempting to plot what holidays 2010 will look like as a married couple. I want to spend equal amounts of time with both sides of our family, especially. How does your family arrange its travel plans? Do you divide time spent with one holiday, or do you do Thanksgiving with one family and Christmas with the other? I'd love to know as we make our plans!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

before jack, we would try to get to each family. when jack was just a month old, we traveled like crazy to see each family - and with a newborn that's not exactly ideal. so, to be fair to everyone, we decided to flip flop each year - one year we'd spend thanksgiving with my family, and christmas with nick's, then next year we'd flip flop it. it sure makes things easier.

tylerartz said...

We tried flip flopping, but since hospitals don't have holidays it would become every fourth year and that's just too far to think ahead. We try to do special things with both our families over the Big holiday season. Sometimes we'll actually get to celebrate on the actual date of the holiday, but most of the time with our families dates don't matter as much as just being together to celebrate. So we set a date that works for most everyone and plan from there.