Tuesday, June 2, 2009

DJNF boot camp- Day 2

I'm in State College, Penn., at The Penn State University.

I love it here. 

I'll be honing my copy editing skills from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. for the next 8 days, and so far, it's been exhausting. I got in to the {tiny} State College airport Sunday night after flying from Fort Walton Beach, Florida to Atlanta to Detroit. 12 hours and not enough leg room later, I was taxiing toward campus. 

We {there are 10 other interns at Penn State} met at reception hosted by DJNF Sunday night and have been close since. We spend our in-class time together, but we also enjoy meals and homework (well, maybe not enjoy homework, but manage it) together. 

My goal is to update this nightly, but since we are pressed for time as Dow Jonesies (that's what they call us), I might be unable to.

It's crazy to think that last week I was in Destin, Florida, and next week I'll be a day from leaving for Massachusetts for a copy editing internship. These are the days!

No comments: