Wednesday, April 22, 2009

wednesday night switch-up

  1. Shiver- Coldplay
  2. Bitter Song- Butterfly Boucher
  3. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill-Lauryn Hill
  4. Everybody Clap-Dispatch
  5. Live it Up- John Legend
  6. Tell Him- The Exciters
  7. Here Comes My Girl- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
  8. Wait- Death Cab for Cutie
  9. Bryan Adams- Summer of '69
  10. Red- Okkervil River
  11. No Other One- Weezer
  12. Decatur, or, A Round of Applause for your Stepmother- Sufjan Stevens
  13. The Hardest Part- Coldplay
  14. When Will They Come?- My Morning Jacket
  15. God-fearing Man- Ben Harper
So what do my 15 random samples of my iTunes library say about me? 
  1. That I will like your music if you are a white male and play one instrument very well. Additionally, you are ridiculously good looking. 
  2. This is a song my sister added to a mixed CD she gave me. My iTunes is really heavily male-dominated.
  3. Except that Lauryn Hill is a BA.
  4. A lot of my music sounds the same.
  5. That I will like your music if you are a black male and play one instrument very well. Additionally, you are probably  ridiculously good looking.
  6. Music of past generations is a treasure trove.
  7. Tom Petty is one crazy man, but my dad and I used to listen to him a lot. We'd drive around town in his truck, and he'd give me "Fire"-flavored Jolly Ranchers. In "You don't know how it feels," TP plays the harmonica, and my dad dabbled in harmonica, so it always brings a smile to my face.
  8. Again with the male singer/songwriter hipster trend. Can't help it.
  9. An older version of #8. "Summer of '69" is so good.
  10. Repeat #8. 
  11. Just recently had a discussion about Weezer. And why they sold out. And how I still like them despite it.
  12. I think if I was Sufjan Steven's stepmother, I'd be a very, very happy woman. Don't judge.
  13. I really don't have that much Coldplay, and I'm surprised it came up twice.
  14. MMJ live in KC was a great way to begin the school year. "Evil Urges" is one of my favorite albums of 2008.
  15. "Beloved One" is the first Ben Harper song that I remember thinking "this is a moving song."

No comments: