Monday, January 19, 2009

"...be our guest"

Growing up, my family said two common dinner prayers each time we sat down for supper- "Come, Lord Jesus" and "God is great." I find great comfort in the "Come, Lord Jesus" even today, and I often find myself reciting those three lines away from meal time. 

Today, my roommates and I sat down and for three hours shared our lives, love, fear and hopes with each other. It was definitely a "come, Lord Jesus" moment, and I want you girls to know how much I love each of you. 

Yesterday Aaron and I went to my grandparent's home in Northeast Nebraska; along the way we stopped in towns that remind Aaron of his childhood or his family. That trip, too, was a reminder to stop, pause, thank and invite.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but here's my prayer for the day: Come, Lord Jesus. Be our guest. Let these gifts to us be blessed. Amen. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agreed, amen, come lord jesus, be our guest.
it's so great to hear from you!

and, yes, for sure, keep calm and carry on ...

hope you're keeping warm in nebraska!