Saturday, September 8, 2012

Am I the worst Husker fan or what? It's the third quarter, we are currently losing to UCLA and I hopped in to
Bed because I am super tired. I do all of my blogging via the blogger app these days; I am ashamed, but it is so convenient!

My grandma, grandpa and aunts and cousin came to visit us today. They live a couple hours away in Northeast Nebraska, and we hadn't seen them since our wedding! It was amazing to introduce Shepherd to his Grandma and Grandpa Great.

I had four glasses of orange juice today. I try to drink water instead of juice, but OJ tasted simply amazing today. Also purchased a box of Hot Tamales and stuff for dinner... A dinner I managed to make exactly the same as I've always made it, yet it didn't turn out as well! I don't know what happened.

Aaron is talking to the TV from the living room, so I know that can't be good for my 'Skers.

We are trying to decide which church to go to tomorrow. It will be our first Sunday in town. Thankful for my parents' example for growing us in the church I went all of my childhood. I want Shepherd to have that same example set before him. Why does that decision always feel like an overwhelming one? If you want to know the truth, I feel better not going sometimes than I do feeling like I don't fit in or made a wrong decision. But I know we were made for community, and I crave that now, especially as I spend most of my day with a little one whose main form of communication is wailing when he is upset! I am not complaining, though it's nice to hear adults talk, too :)

I had a dream I was in a car accident and hurt my back very badly. I woke up in the most terribly uncomfortable position with my back twisted around. I think it's amazing how our brains and bodies correlate information, especially when we are not fully conscious! Watching football games makes me thankful for good health, too.

Thanks for reading through this hodge podge! I'll leave you with a few pictures of my bambino and his Cheerios.

No comments: