Thursday, May 3, 2012

An Explorer

One of my biggest prayers for Shepherd is that he will have a passion for exploration in its every facet. I want him to grow up with an insatiable curiosity and desire to see all he can see.

If I have any regret about getting married at a young age, it is that this choice (and subsequent ones) render me unable to "just go." I don't know if I will never be able to explore Europe and Asia and Africa, dreams I've had since I was a little girl who stacked her National Geographic magazines in even piles on her bookshelves. As with most things, it's not willingness that keeps me (now, us) from going, but resources.

One of my favorite quotes is "Collect experiences, not things." A big part is me wants to cash in some of our savings for plane tickets, and I wonder, is it really impractical? Maybe. Maybe not.

Either way, I still dream.

No comments: