Monday, January 9, 2012

Anderson Family Home Portrait by Rebekka Seale

For Christmas, Aaron, Jillian and I got my mom a house portrait of our family's home in Texas by the very talented Rebekka Seale. Working with her was such a treat, and I loved seeing my mom's face when she opened her painting. 

I love all of the details. The windows, the door knob, the light fixtures and even the double steps that someone always manages to trip over. One detail I asked to be added was Gus sitting on the porch, where he often sat while my mom and dad worked in the flower beds in the front yard. That little detail seems even more special after losing the Goose. 

If you're looking for a special gift, I enthusiastically recommend Rebekka Seale's home portraits, but plan to order way ahead of time, because she has quite a wait list (and for good reason)!

1 comment:

Rebekka Seale said...

Aw, Emily!!!

I came over here through Twitter, and now I am literally choking back sobs. I am so glad your family loved the portrait, and I'm so sorry for the loss of such a great family friend :( It means so much to me that I could be a part of even the tiniest memento to him. Thanks again for all the sweet words!

<3

Rebekka