Today my beloved and I are jumping in the car for a little 12-hour road trip through the southern states of the U.S. to make it home to Texas in time for Thanksgiving dinner. Once again, my dad's football team is in the high school playoffs, so we will be traveling a little extra over the weekend to see his team (hopefully) win. It's a lot of driving while we're on the road but so worth it once we pull up in my family's driveway. We'll also be celebrating the baby guy this weekend with a shower thrown by my sister. I am also looking forward to hot corn, mashed potatoes, and chocolate pie made by the Pie Ladies from the church I grew up attending.
Whether you're traveling far away or staying close to home, I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy the warmth of family and friendship. If you live in Florida, this will probably be made easier by the fact that it is still in the mid-80s... so here's to hoping for some chilly late fall weather, too!
Here's my thankfulness list:
- This guy. And this one.
- These two.
- My family.
- Great friends across the United States.
- A warm home and a safe refuge.
- A job and co-workers I adore.
- My university and all of the memories I have from it.
- Little things. The blanket I got in the mail yesterday that makes me want to curl up beside a fire and drink cocoa. Great sunlight. Cold nights. Getting a fun letter in the mail. A delicious cup of coffee. The ability to travel to see our family. Having enough money at the beginning of the month to save and at the end of the month to splurge.
...and so much more. Happy thanksgiving, everyone! And you can bet we will be listening to Christmas music on our way home from Texas this weekend. 'Tis the season!