Friday, July 1, 2011

The Game of LIFE


Last night, Aaron asked me if I wanted to play the game of LIFE with him. This is an childhood favorite, and I was excited to open our game for the first time. We got it two Christmases ago, and it's remained boxed up for some reason. I was the pink car and Aaron was the blue car. He ended up with a wife and two sons; I ended up with a husband, a daughter and a son. I was a journalist and he was a teacher. I was beating him really good for most of LIFE, but he got a revenge card and sued me for $200,000 TWICE. This is after I took pity on him when I landed on revenge and didn't make him take out promissory notes to pay me my revenge. Lesson learned.

I was the banker, and I was tired, so I ended up counting my $100,000 bills, thinking they were $10,000, and traded two stacks of 10 in for two- $100,000 bills. It was a bad trade, and I am a bad banker. Aaron ended up winning. It's a good thing, too, because he was not happy when he was having a bad LIFE at the beginning.

When we went to bed last night, he made me laugh when he said "I hope it doesn't take that long for me to have a good life."

I think we're going to be OK.

also

  1. It's going to be just us this Fourth of July. I wish we could go home, but I'm happy we get to see everyone in just a week. I'm excited my sister's boyfriend is going to come with us, too!
  2. Last holiday, Aaron was on set, so I drove to Southwood and sat at the top of a hill in one of the neighborhoods alone. I ate Chick-fil-A and watched fireworks from my car. I hope this year Aaron will be able to come with me. 
  3. I've felt really comforted by the passages in my Jesus Calling for the last month. It makes my restless heart sleep more soundly to know these truths.
  4. No movement on the job front for AC. See above. But the movie is looking so good, and I am eager to see the whole thing. And he has sent out support letters! Yay!
  5. My sister will transfer to Texas A&M this school year. I am really happy for her—this is what she wanted, and it is a crazy, crazy story how it all happened. If she shares, I'll link it up! 
  6. Nebraska is officially a member of the Big Ten conference today. Yes!
  7. Toby went on a diet this week. Aaron has been rationing Toad's food every morning and night. We'll see how effective it is. Sometimes we will find him chewing on the corner of the door. Poor thing is famished. See?
  8. Last night Aaron came home with the elusive refillable Kangaroo cup. We in the Nix family are ardent fans of the Kangaroo because you can buy a cup and get free slushies all summer. It's a big deal, and also hilarious and ridiculous. 
  9. I don't think I could deal with all of this uncertainty if I was married to anyone else. I love my husband, and he is my best friend. I am so thankful for him. And that takes away a lot of the harshness of the unknown. 
  10. I love watching fireworks. 
Happy Weekend!

No comments: