Friday, June 24, 2011

Some Faves for the Weekend

  • I am newly obsessed with Planters Nut-rition Omega-3 mix of walnuts, dried cranberries and chocolate-covered soy nuts. So good.
  • My family is coming to the beach two weeks from today! And by the time they get here, Aaron will have less than a month left in graduate school. He has applied to a few jobs, and we are praying for the best. [sidenote- I am so proud of him, regardless of how long this job hunt takes. He is the hardest worker, smart, and incredibly loyal, even when he's doing a job he doesn't like. I think whoever gets him will be lucky. I am.] The closer this all gets, the more nervous I become. But if I could decide where to move, somewhere snow falls in the winter, please. 
  • We have reached a settlement in our air conditioning wars. I can turn the thermostat to 73 degrees(!!!) and actually this might be a little too chilly for me. I love it.
  • I often think about the summer I lived in Lincoln with Tia. We lived in a second-story apartment in a renovated school building, and everything about that summer was amazing. Last night, during a Tallahassee thunderstorm, I felt especially nostalgic for Hayward House, as I remembered the night Tia and I sat in the darkness and watched our street flood because of a terrible thunderstorm that produced tornadoes. There is so much I miss about Lincoln, and Hayward is one of those things. I can't wait to one day take my kids back and show them all of the places that are important to Aaron and me.
  • I really want a new sofa for our living room. I've been looking at a couple, but Aaron said we have to sell the bane of my existence first. And, because I'm a dreamer (aka like to spend money), I really want a big chair, too. We'll see how far I get with that with my husband.
  • At work I have to turn on a heater in my office because I am so cold; meantwhile, it's an average of 95 degrees outside. Ridiculous.

AND FINALLY, I have two new awesome blogs to share with you!!!

The Precious Porcellino is a fantastic food, entertaining and lifestyle blog that my friend Sarah just started. In her words:
"This blog is where I can share my love of cooking and being creative in the kitchen with everyone. My goal is to come up with  healthy, easy and delicious meals for the everyday gal (or guy!) with a focus on creating better-for-you versions of some classic, but unhealthy, favorites."
Seriously, guys, Sarah's recipes have been such an inspiration to me. Add her to your reader!

AND

Put Me In Charge, which just so happens to be the newest endeavor by my favorite person ever. In his words:
"So I never noticed until my wife pointed it out that I have a tendency to find the most random of things or topics and always provide ways it could be better. Whether it's traffic, restaurants, products, I always give my opinion even if it's ridiculous.I don't want this blog to be a bunch of complaining, but it's rather for the comedic enjoyment of tracking these little things in life, if changed, could make the world a better place."
This is his new diversion, and it does make me laugh!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah Finebloom said...

Thanks for the blog mention Emily!!

Tia Peterson said...

I love you :)