Monday, March 28, 2011

A year or so of daily life: March 20-27, 2011

In August, I began the Photo 365 challenge - a photo a day for a full year. I've decided to call mine "A year or so of daily life: Chronicling our life in Tallahassee and the latter half of graduate school one day at a time." I hope you enjoy a sampling of our daily life!

Whew, it's been a long time since I've done a post! I'm 190 pictures in on my Year or So of Daily Life project, and I want to get better about archiving the images here. I am lamenting my iPhone 3G and it's incapability of focusing like Aaron's 3GS. Here are the photos from March 20 to March 27, 2011.

Sun., March 20
Actually, I never got to mark the slate, and my whole life is a lie. I did get to pose with it, though. 

Mon., March 21:
My fortune cookie from lunch said this would be the magical day for filming; I regret to inform you it was not. That bottom right picture? That's a car stuck in a foot of sand at 11 p.m. All I wanted at that point is to get out of the damn marsh and shower. 

Tues., March 22
Sarge, Walter and the POW. POW was actually listening to his Arabic between takes, which is the iPod cord you see dangling next to his semi-automatic weapon. This is also the last day of filming Aaron's thesis. I took two days off of work to sit in the marsh lands of Bald Point State Park and pretend to be the executive producer.
'

Wed., March 23:
This is Liberte yogurt. I was not a yogurt fan, not regular nor Greek, until on a whim I tried this God-breathed excellence. I implore you (yes) to try some. It's practically replaced ice cream as the most delicious desert ever. Try lemon or blackberry. We buy ours at Earth Fare and Publix.

Thurs., March 24:
New haircut day + date night at Ted's. Aaron called and asked me if I would go on a date with him for surviving thesis filming. I said yes and we had a most lovely, delicious dinner. We both ordered steaks. One of us ate all of his or her food; the other ate half and got to eat the other half for lunch the next day. 

Sat., March 26:
Pool opening! First day at of the year to spend poolside. Our apartment complex has a pretty sweet set-up, and I went early so I got a prime seat. The funny thing about living in Tallahassee is you can lay out in March because it's warm enough, but you can't lay out in July or August because it's TOO warm.

Sun., March 27:
I washed my car (Bumblebee) today for the first time in a LONG time. My dad would be ashamed of me. Also, new nail polish: Essie's Geranium. Also also: I followed Darby's tutorial and breathed new life into a $12 Walmart dress and $2 package of buttons. Explanatory post to come because I love how it turned out!

No comments: