Thursday, March 10, 2011

He accepts me just the way I am and loves me too much to stay that way.


What a beautiful truth.


Sometimes this blog just feels like spinning circles. It's a scrapbook of my life, but not all of it, and it's fun to write sometimes, but it's not always quality and it's not steady. A lot like my mind.


Writing and thinking are always on my mind. Mostly thinking. I love scrolling through other people's life pages and learning about them. I love it. But I am not always thinking edifying thoughts or nice ones, at that. 


And today I read this.


"Between now and Easter Sunday, I'm going to choose to believe that the world can keep spinning without my extremely clever and insightful take on what's wrong with this or that."


All of this made me think of social networking. 


I'm not giving up Facebook or blogging or Twitter for Lent, because giving up any of those things is not going to fix my heart and the ugliness that lives there. I'm going to use this as a journey to proactively stop thinking negative, mean, jealous, hateful, vindictive, haughty and cruel thoughts I have about people when I read what they say (and post). I think it's going to be hard for me, because it's so accessible to think you're better than someone else when you have access to his or her life. I know why I do these things, and I want to stop. 


So that's my day two. 

No comments: