Tuesday, January 18, 2011

tuesday morning

So far I seem to be much more on top of my game this thesis schedule. Maybe it's because Aaron hasn't had time to start panicking about his filming, but I feel so much cooler this time around dealing with the weird hours, etc. One of my favorite things about thesis schedule is the early mornings it requires.

When Aaron's not in production mode he doesn't have to wake up early. I start work at 8 a.m. and have to leave home by 7:30 a.m., so most non-production days he is still sleeping when I leave for work. Sometimes I try to be quiet and keep the bedroom lights off. Sometimes I don't worry about it and I laugh when he complains about it being so bright. And then, at about 9 a.m., he'll text me a picture of him and one of the cats still in bed, and I'll curse him under my breath, the lazy bum.

But during production, he must be awake early early. I love this because I don't have to struggle as much to wake up. Some mornings he is leaving and wakes me up right before he steps out the door, and some mornings we leave at the same time.

I told Aaron that whenever we move to the next place I'm not taking a job immediately so I can enjoy sleeping in for a while. He laughed. But I'm serious. I'm not a morning person.

2 comments:

Jillian Anderson said...

How are you not a morning person when you are asleep by 8 every night you old bum?

emily/thesearethedays said...

Not true. Usually it's 10:30-11ish. But 8 p.m. would be divine and probably end the weariness :)