Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Tour of Home

It's a little late for this, but the weeks leading up to Christmas vacation were so busy that I didn't get my act together soon enough to post pictures of our house decorated in time for Christmas. Well, two days back in town and I seem to have caught the plague all of the Nixes had last week, so I've been quarantined to the couch. Even though Christmas came and went, I'd still like to post about what I did to make our apartment festive in 2010.


The stockings were a gift from my mom. Aaron and I didn't have any stockings, so when we went to Texas for Thanksgiving, she made some for us. I love the green! 

My beloved nativity. Mom and Daddy gave me this when I was a little girl, and taking it out each year brings back so many treasured memories.


This year I started collecting a cardboard Christmas village.  I didn't do a great job displaying them, but at least I have a start! There's something so whimsical about the paper villages, and I look forward to adding to it for many years to come.


The ornament is from our honeymoon. We loved the bright red gondolas in Vail, which is where we spent our first Christmas.


It's a tradition in my family to get an ornament for each pet, so this year I found Olive and Toby an ornament. It was difficult to find a black cat ornament, but how serendipitous that the single ornament I found was wearing a sweater. Poor Olive Suh.



So, that's what the apartment looked like this Christmas. I loved having my own home to decorate! We'll spend this weekend, Epiphany, taking down all of the decorations and storing them for next year.

No comments: