Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mama's Halloween House

I'd love to show you how my mom decorates my parents' home for every holiday. Since I got to be home around Halloween for the first time in four years, I decided to take a few pictures of how she made our house festive. Here are a few things I got shots of when I was at home:

She has years and years of decorations, so it's always fun to see what she decides to use for that year. 

Casillero del Diablo... an old box of cab sav my dad picked up for my mom because he knew she would probably find a use for it. It comes out every Halloween!

Random hollowed tree stuffed with the season's bounty

My dad made this cubby hole display for my sister's Beanie Babies 15 years ago! It was been repurposed to hold all kinds of weird, spooky little trinkets: eyeballs, teeth, skulls and pumpkins. 

In the entry way, a Halloween tree and silver candlesticks


2 comments:

Katie said...

Your mom is a lot like mine! She loves to decorate and also has years and stuff and has to pick and choose what to put out.

I'll probably do a similar post with some pictures when I go home for Halloween!

mspennylane said...

Ok, seriously, I didn't know people decorated Martha Stewart style for Halloween. I thought it was gawdy lights and fog machines or nothing. I had no idea!!