Friday, August 27, 2010

Development


So it begins. This week I pitched both of my ideas to the faculty and to my classmates for my thesis film. The faculty didn't indicate which idea they liked better but they talked more about my war film idea. And my classmates really seemed interested in it as well. This doesn't mean that I'm giving up on my drama idea, but it does mean that I'm leaning heavily on this idea.

Also, today I got attached to a person who is specializing in Cinematography, which is great. This means part of her money will be used towards this budget, as well as more dedicated time working on my film. I'm super excited to get to work and to toy around with the idea of possibly shooting on 35mm B&W if we have the funding. Shooting this film in B&W is definitely something I would want in a heartbeat. It will be reminiscent of classic WWII films made in the 40s, 50s, and 60s.

I'm also working with one of the writers to develop this script more into a movie, rather than a play. He's fantastic with dialogue and I think this story can only get better from here on out.

All of my classmates had really interesting ideas and I can't wait to start working on each other's films.

No comments: