Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wrapping Up

Hello blogosphere. It's me, the husband. I haven't blogged for a really long time. I'm not here to rant about my schedule or the lack of time to do anything other than work. But I'm here to say that I am officially done with all ATL (Above The Line) production jobs. I still have two BTL (below the line) jobs left (assistant editor and boom operator) which will be a piece of cake.

I can't express how relieved I am to be done and still alive. And that Emily hasn't run away and put me in a mental hospital. It's been a grueling 8 weeks of production with 23 short films being made.

I just want to give a huge thank you to my darling wife who puts up with this madness, and even at times embraces it. In the midst of an unreal world, she settles my mind and brings me back to reality. Having her there every night means world to me, even if I come in late and just hold her while I go to sleep. It's enough to keep me going every day. It's enough to make me realize what's important in this life and how I should be investing my life.

This next year, while I'm in preparation for my thesis, will be a wild, crazy, but ultimately excellent year. I couldn't imagine doing this without that beautiful woman who makes me laugh and feel loved more than anything.

It's been a great 6 months with Emily.

No comments: