Sunday, June 27, 2010

well, it's such a perfect day

I can't believe it's almost July. My little sister will be going to Oklahoma for college in a little more than a month. My mom and dad are beginning a new chapter in their lives and for our family. Aaron has only a few shows left in this cycle, and I am eager (so, so, so eager) to be done with D2 production, and then on to post-production. Livy got her new collar – no more kitten.

All of this brings me back to a birthday present. Aaron gave me Coldplay's Viva La Vida (or Death, and All of His Friends) for my birthday in summer of 2008. It is hard to believe that it has been two years since Tia and I lived in Hayward with Tornado Man, since I went rafting with the Nixes, and since Aaron came to the Anderson reunion at Detroit Lakes. I feel like that summer was a huge turning point in my life. That was my first summer to live on my own, established in a place that wasn't my hometown. It was a seemingly endless summer. It was the summer the man I was dating knew he would become the man I would marry. My best friend made a tough decision that was the right one. I worked and learned and rode my bike down to Haymarket Park and napped on the grass beside the lake there until my boyfriend joined me and it started to rain. So much goodness in such a short time. I am so thankful for that period of my life, and I am even more thankful for where it brought me. When I think about where I sit now, it is baffling. I am sitting in my home – with my husband – living the life we set out for ourselves. The world spins madly on.

No comments: