Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Home

The more time we spend in our little apartment, the more I love it. I know that it's just a natural thing; To grow attached to your surroundings. I'm going to be sad when we leave. I told Emily this last night and she said that I'm silly because when we move we will take all of our things with us. But it's not just that. I'm going to miss this little area.

Every day I come home and we get something done. Put something away. Hang a different picture. Empty a box. It's encouraging and relaxing in a sense. It's very important for me to have be comfortable in my surroundings otherwise I get high strung and just can't relax. Like right now, I have some dirty laundry that's just eating away at me. But it's late at night so I'll have to do it tomorrow. I hate that feeling. Just one example.

But what I truly love about our little home is Emily's touch. I would consider myself very attune with design and my own decorating likes and dislikes. I was raised in a house where Trading Spaces, While you were Out, and HGTV were on 24/7. That being said, I would never spend the money, or put in the time to make my own apartment look neat and attractive. I can show you pictures of my apartment before Emily moved in. Not pretty.

I know I give her a hard time about spending money on little decorations, but I truly appreciate her desire to make this a comfortable and livable home for us. She's the most wonderful person in the world and I want her to be the happiest she can be every day.

1 comment:

Smitten Design said...

What a precious post! Hi Aaron, I don't know you yet but I work with Emily. And Emily- I like your husband already...and your blog.