Monday, April 26, 2010

Cheesy.

One of Aaron's favorite snacks is Velveeta dip, and his favorite place to eat out is a local Mexican food place with a really good queso - and only because of the queso. Tonight I tried to make this dip using true white cheese instead of Velveeta, and it was a total Turd Ferguson. I got hard cheese instead of meltable and BAH wasted a quarter of the cheese. Aaron was OK with it; he just ate my wannabe dip and smiled. So I'm on a hunt for a really good, Tex-Mex style dip, but here's the deal: Aaron doesn't like peppers. If you have a recipe wherein peppers aren't crucial, please share it with me so I can make a sweet little boy's dreams come true.

Speaking of making dreams come true, we're taking a trip soon to see the two parks at Disney I've never seen before. We got a four-day Florida resident pass in February and used two days to see the Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios. It was my first time ever to go to Disney World, and I'm excited that since we have to use the two remaining park pass days by June, we'll be spending Aaron's summer break weekend in Orlando at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. I'm hoping to do some shopping at Ikea for a coffee table and a kitchen cart. We're really excited because these next two weeks are the longest period of time we'll have spent together in a real schedule since the 13 days we spent together on our "honeymoon" from the wedding day to the day we arrived back in Tally for school. I am excited to see him every night and day (apparently normal people do this) and get to cook dinner, clean, do regular activities with him! This seems silly, but when you're used to spending every. stinking. night. wishing you had somebody nearby, this is like Christmastime. When I talked to my mom earlier tonight, she reminded me to "not get used to it" because soon it will be back to how it was, but I'm obviously not doing a very good job of that. I'm just so excited!

Also, I wanted to say thanks again for all of the perspectives you all offered over the weekend. It's really refreshing to know that we have such a great group of friends who know and love us for who we are where we are. So thank you!

No comments: