Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Analysis on "being Ingrid"

No quiz would be complete unless I analyzed how accurate the results were. Interestingly, I thought some of the insights from the "Ingrid" quiz were dead on. Others I disagree with.

Ingrids have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.


How to Get Along with Me
  • * Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
  • Yes. I'm a huge fan of compliments. As long as they're genuine, the words you say to me matter. Words, in general, matter (hello, I blog daily).
  • * Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
  • I was torn between striking this. Don't most people need some sort of encouragement? I feel like I have enough ego that I don't need any help valuing/loving myself out of a pure sense of necessary self-worth. I could be wrong though. Thoughts?
  • * Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
  • YES! I think this is my spiritual gift.
  • * Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
  • Hit or miss.

  • * Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!
  • EVER EVER EVER.

What I Like About Being an Ingrid
* my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
  • I'm so deep :P
  • *my ability
  • * my ability to establish warm connections with people
  • I find this is something I (personally, not as an Ingrid) can turn on and off. If I really like you, then yes.
  • * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life

  • * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
  • Nicely articulated. I very much agree.

  • * my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
  • Yes.
  • * being unique and being seen as unique by others
  • Unique? I hate this word. But yes, I do feel like one in a million. But seriously.
  • * having aesthetic sensibilities
  • I'm still uncertain what this means. Maybe I do, maybe I don't.
  • * being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me
  • I agree. Perceptive, but not necessarily reactive to them.

What's Hard About Being an Ingrid
  • * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
  • Yes, more often than I care to admit.
  • *feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
  • Not really ever.
  • * feeling guilty when I disappoint people
  • Or when I make a decision that I don't know the outcome to. Or something that might affect someone else but was in my best interest.
  • * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
  • Didn't I just blog about this? Uncanny.
  • *expecting too much from myself and life
  • Never.
  • * fearing being abandoned
  • Not really; I feel like this is pretty dramatic for me.
  • * obsessing over resentments
  • Hit the nail on the head.
  • * longing for what I don't have
  • Definite infinite wish for more.

Ingrids as Children Often
  • * have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games
  • Yes
  • * are very sensitive
  • I don't think I was a very sensitive child. But on second thought... Thoughts?
  • *feel that they don't fit in
  • I felt like a leader as a little girl, something I wish I had continued as I grew older. I'm not sure what changed that. Maybe lack of involvement in leadership-oriented activities (student senate, college organizations).
  • * believe they are missing something that other people have
  • I never really wanted to be anyone else growing up; looking back, I was a lot cooler than I felt at the time.
  • * attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
  • Yes.
  • * become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
  • Still do.
  • * feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)
  • Never had any traumatic events with which I could associate any of these feelings.

Ingrids as Parents
  • * help their children become who they really are
  • * support their children's creativity and originality
  • * are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
  • * are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
  • * are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed

###

And in other news, today is the first day ever, in my life, that I have used bleach. We have white bed linens and I washed them. They smelled like the old Gumby and not the new Strawberry Fields (those are the names of old apt./new apt.)

I want to know what your quizzes said, too! Do you agree with them?


###

edited to add:
sorry the formatting so messed up on this post. I'm so lazy.

No comments: