Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The times they are a-changin'

Today marks the last full day of boot camp. We'll finish today tomorrow, technically; our real-time layout exercise will probably end after midnight tonight, so our tired, over-caffeinated bodies won't rest until 2 a.m. Thursday. 

Last night we did layout from 7:30 p.m. until about midnight, so today we won't have class until 1:30 p.m. I woke up earlier than I needed because I wanted to take advantage of the free coffee offered by housing, which ends at 9 a.m.

The changing hours are something I should get used to; I'll be working from 4:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. this summer, which means I'll be able to spend a good portion of daylight on the beach. I've never been to the Cape area, and I'm thrilled to get there and see the sights for two months.

Tomorrow Aaron is leaving Neb. to pick me up here, and I am so excited to see him. We'll drive through New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island before we get to where I'm living this summer. I've never been to the East Coast, and I'm thrilled to see it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck and be safe!

Anonymous said...

check this out:
http://madebygirl.blogspot.com/2009/06/yoo-hoo-brides-to-be-wedding-photoshoot.html

just for you- worth entering I think